Home page What to do Sarn Sabrina
Sabrina and Semi-Sabrina Walk -
Saturday 27th of May 2017
If you have already completed a form please login:
Please read the following prior to filling out the on-line entry form below.
Saturday 27th of May 2017
25 MILES (APPROX. 40KM) or 12 MILES (APPROX. 19KM)
Sarn Sabrina: This is a challenging circular walk from Llanidloes taking in Llyn Clywedog, the Hafren Forest and the Source of the River Severn.
Semi-Sabrina: This is a shorter version of the walk that loops back from Llyn Clywedog.
The entry fee for both walks is £17.50, payable in advance, reduced to £12.50 for under 18’s and over 60’s.
Both walks will have staggered starts and leave from the Church Hall, Llanidloes (GR955847).
Registration for the Sarn Sabrina will start at 7.00am and finish at 8.30am. There is an 11 hour limit for the route and cut off times will be strictly adhered to.
Registration for the Semi-Sabrina will start at 9.00am and close at 10.30am. There is an 8 hour limit for the route and cut off times will be strictly adhered to.
A map covering the entire route (e.g. OS Explorer sheet 214) will be available to view at the start and a detailed route description will be provided. All checkpoints will offer drinks and snacks, and a light meal will be available at the finish. Those successfully completing the walk will receive a badge / medal and certificate.
1. Entrants must agree to be bound by the rules; in all circumstances event officials’ decisions are final.
2. Entrants under 18 must obtain parental consent and remain under the supervision of an adult at all times.
3. Maximum time limits and checkpoint closing times will be enforced. Entrants are responsible for ensuring that they can complete the walks in the allotted time.
4. Entrants must follow the prescribed route and ensure that marshals note their arrival at checkpoints.
5. Apologies, no dogs are allowed.
6. Entrants who are inadequately equipped according to the prevailing conditions will be prevented from walking. Entrants should therefore carry suitable clothing for the likely conditions, spare food, drink, personal first aid items and any other equipment they deem necessary.
SARN SABRINA WALK ENTRY
A Paramo jacket supplied by Llani Leisure will be raffled and
proceeds will go to a "Local Organisation or Charity" to be announced nearer
Data Protection: Entrants’ details may be held temporarily in an electronic retrieval system only for purposes of administering the event and advising participants about future walks.
If you are unable to complete your entry on line or are experiencing difficulty accessing the documents, please print off a copy of the entry form and send it with your cheque (made payable to Sabrina Walk), to: - Entry Administrator, Sarn Sabrina Walk, c/o Llani Leisure, 17 Long Bridge Street, Llanidloes, Powys SY18 6EE. Please aim to send entries no later than 16th May. For copy documents, please send an SAE (min £1.20) along with your entry.
For more information on the Sarn Sabrina or the Semi-Sabrina please email firstname.lastname@example.org